– Ian K Fry & Company has 35 years of experience in assisting Executors with the administration of estates. We can help with the application for Probate, Letters of Administration, Transmission by Death or Record of Death, collection of assets and distribution of funds.
An Executors’ duties may include responsibilities such as:
- Organising the funeral, notices for the paper, flowers
- Locating the Will
- Obtaining a copy of the Death Certificate
- Making sure any property and assets are safe and secure
- Determining the value of assets
- Applying for Probate
- Paying insurance policies, debts and taxes
- Collecting monies belonging to the deceased from financial institutions and insurance companies
- Collecting debts owed to the deceased
- Lodging tax returns for the deceased and for the estate
- Selling properties and assets
- Reporting to beneficiaries
- Distributing the proceeds of the estate to beneficiaries
- Setting up trusts
Being an Executor can be overwhelming, particularly when you are grieving, but rest assured we can guide you through the process.
What is Probate?
Probate is recognition of the Will’s validity by the Supreme Court. The named Executors can then carry out their duties in relation to the Estate. You will likely need a Grant of Probate to deal with the assets of an estate, such as selling property and obtaining bank funds.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange an appointment with Ian Fry an experienced Estate lawyer in Wynnum.